Q: Car doesn't stay on and jumps as it slows down.

I am not sure what is wrong with my car. It doesn't stay on and starts jumping before it slows down and cuts off. Even if I step on the gas pedal it does not accelerate.

I believe the cause of you problem is being caused by an engine misfire. Is your check engine light on? If the light is on, a mechanic with a scan tool could check the code that is turning the light on. Once he has a code, it will point him in the direction of what component needs to be diagnosed. If the Check engine light is on, it is still possible to find your problem, it will be just a little more difficult and a more experienced technician would be needed to diagnose the problem. I would suggest you enlist the help of a mechanic from YourMechanic. They have experienced and certified technicians with the knowledge to get your car running great again.