Q: Car cut off when braking or slowing down

My car is currently not starting. Before, when the car was driven, and as long as I pressed on the gas pedal, the car went fine. But when I braked or slowed down, the car cut off and would take a few minutes to restart.

Your symptoms sound very similar to problems with air metering or fuel delivery. The idle air control valve regulates air flow while the throttle plate is closed. If this is blocked, the engine can choke. The ports can be blocked by carbon build-up, or the control valve itself may be experiencing a failure. Have a trained mechanic, like the ones at YouMechanic, determine the source and cause of this stalling issue, and recommend the best path to repair.