Q: Car cranks but wont start when you pump gas it tries to start but wont actually start.

It tries to start if you pump gas or hold to floor but wont start thinking either fuel filter or injectors but not sure

Hello there, many common faults will cause your 1989 Oldsmobile Delta 88 to crank no start. The most common fault is the battery, and the first step in any no start diagnosis is to load test the battery to ensure it has the capacity to start the engine. Other possible faults are the fuel pump, starter, ignition switch, battery cable, fuel filter, battery terminal, or a wiring harness fault. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your crank no start and make any repairs required to get your vehicle running normally again.

• Car cranks but wont start when you pump gas it tries to start but wont actually start.