Q: car cranks but won’t start code is P0339. Already replaced the crank shaft sensor but still won’t start. It does randomly start up

My Acura rsx cranks but won’t start I ran the code and it is P0339 and said P0335 before both crank shaft sensor codes. I ordered and put in the new crankshaft sensor but car still does not start. Already replaced the battery and car started fine for a few days but now back to square one

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

A common reason for the P0339 code is damage to the crankshaft position sensor wiring harness due to exposure to engine oil. The wire harness and all terminals should be carefully inspected. Also, the reluctor ring should be inspected for damage, foreign material or missing segments (or teeth). To confirm that the position sensor is generating and transmitting the required signal a mechanic would simply apply an automotive scanner, or oscilloscope, at an appropriate position in the circuit. If you want the required diagnostic steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a no start diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.