Q: Car caught on fire.

while driving my car got fire i just got a starter installed 2 months ago and also the engine 3 months ago i smelled wires burning and pulled over the mechanic that installed these items says the haress causes the fire

A: Hi there. From the description you have pro...

Hi there. From the description you have provided, I'm unsure as to exactly what your question is. Numerous things can cause an under hood fire. Fluids (engine oil, power steering fluid, brake fluid, transmission fluid, gasoline) leaking onto the exhaust. An electrical wiring harness could be the cause. A shorted wire or component, could get the wire harness hot enough to ignite. Your burnt wiring harness is a result of a electrical problem that should be inspected by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who can come to your location to do so.