Q: Car battery can't keep a charge.

I just replaced my battery 2 months ago because it wouldn't stay charged.I took it to auto zone and they told me it was the battery. It ran fine for 2 months, but now I'm having the same issues. I took it to a shop and they charged my battery and checked my alternator. They told me one of the battery terminals was loose. He tightend it and it ran great. I didn't drive it for two days and the battery is fully drained when I try to crank my car. When I jump start it I am only able to drive it less than a couple of minutes and it cuts off immediately. The only way it will not cut off is if I leave it connected to the jump stater. Could it be the cables connecting to the battery terminals? I know I have some corrosion on the cables when I replaced my terminals a year ago, but I never replaced them or could it be the alternator? Starter? One last thing my trunk can't close so could it be the light in my trunk that is draining the battery over time? Thanks

This may be a sign of a weak battery, a failing voltage regulator or failing alternator. As you may know, the alternator is responsible for charging the battery while the engine runs by generating amperage and recharging the battery while the engine turns the alternator. The voltage regulator is a unit that regulates the charging of the battery by the alternator and maintaining a certain amperage while the engine runs. When the alternator is not working properly, this may result in the battery quickly losing charge and the car losing all power as you have described. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and repair your charging system.

3. Car battery can't keep a charge.