Q: Car acting up and it’s shaking and stallings

My car starts shaking above 55 and when I go up a hill it shakes more and making a hmmmmmm noise. The whole passenger seat along with steering wheel vibrate and the more I accelerate the more it shakes. Also when I stop at a red light or in general stop and then I press the gas pedal the car jerks or pulls back and bit and then forward. And when I drive it feels as if I were on a bumpy road the whole time but I’m not.

Hi Lidia. Thanks for writing in to YourMechanic.com today. In most cases, what you are describing is caused by motor mounts that are worn out, tires out of balance or wheel bearings that are damaged and need replacement. Due to the fact that multiple components could be causing this vibration problem, it’s always best to have a professional mechanic complete an onsite inspection and test drive, so they can attempt to replicate the symptom and accurately diagnose this problem - which will ensure the right repairs are made.

3. Car acting up and it’s shaking and stallings