Q: Cant bolt transmission to engine

Swapping an engine. Engine swapping out was hooked to an automatic transmission. Engine going in was hooked to a manual transmission. Torque converter won't fit due to the bearing. Can that be swapped out with the bushing in the other crank shaft? If so, how is it removed and is it pressed in?

Hi there, thanks for writing in. The engine that had the manual transmission would have had a pilot bearing installed in the back of the crank shaft. You will have to use a pilot bearing remover to get it out. This is a special tool. If you don’t have one, check a local parts store for rentals. Hope this helps and good luck!

3. Cant bolt transmission to engine