Q: Can you drive 1993 buick at 65 mph + to from work for 18 months with bad balancer

I bought a 1993, Buick century fwd they say the harmonic balancer is bad but my friend who also bought it that way drove it to work also around town drove to VA in KC as well (80) miles one way 160round trip at 65 mph for at least 16-18 months when I myself ask a friend who works on cars but not a mechanic thought because the engine when at high RPMs rocked forward got quite at an idle made a rattling noise that the rear mount of the tranny is broke there is no oil leaking a little water spot but not much after idling no squeal from belt or split in balancer serpentine and all belts tight

In regards to the question about driving a car for extended time with a bad harmonic balancer, it’s very difficult to answer that question without having more specifics. If the motor is rattling at idle, it could be caused by loose motor mounts, fuel, electronic, or multiple issues. If somebody told you that the harmonic balancer was bad, I wouldn’t wait for it to fail or break, as that could cause serious engine damage. I recommend having am expert conduct a comprehensive inspection of the car to let you know what repairs may be needed and to help your car function at its best.

• Can you drive 1993 buick at 65 mph + to from work for 18 months with bad balancer