Q: Can you change out a U240e for U660e transmission? They belong to the same family of transmissions, One is just newer and upgraded

I would like to upgrade some of the parts on my car to get better MPG and this would probably help in a big way.

Hi John. Thanks for contacting us today. While mechanically they are similar and should align, the problem is more with programming and communication of electronic monitoring systems. It’s likely not going to work without customized programming of the ECU.

3. Can you change out a U240e for U660e transmission? They belong to the same family of transmissions, One is just newer and upgraded