Q: Can leaks in the valve cover gasket affect the performance and power of a VW Touareg V8?

My plugs soak oil and the performance of the car is poor. It does not accelerate very well.

Hi, thanks for writing in. The answer is yes. The oil getting on the spark plug wires and plugs will cause the engine to misfire. The valve cover gaskets will need to be replaced along with plugs. The wires will also need to be replaced. I suggest cleaning out tge spark plug tube holes.

If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

3. Can leaks in the valve cover gasket affect the performance and power of a VW Touareg V8?