Q: Can I use aftermarket engine mounts without having vibration issues, or do I need the dealer ones?

when gas pedal is pressed on, i see the engine move..plus shaking on freeway, when i ease on gas pedal or even when press button to set cruise control. took it to local mechanic. he said engine mounts need to be replaced….another question is can i just replace the tranny mount now and wait to replace others?..reason i ask about after market is they are cheaper by couple hundreds. thank u.

Hello. It does sound like the mounts are bad. You can use aftermarket mounts as long as they are good quality mounts. The dealer ones are the best but there are several aftermarket manufacturers that make good ones. Typically with mounts you get what you pay for, so if they are cheap then the quality is not there. If you want to have these replaced, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to replace your engine mounts.

• Can I use aftermarket engine mounts without having vibration issues, or do I need the dealer ones?