Q: Can I replace my pump myself

My car runs hot I can see water leaking form it what I need to no is will I need to reset the timing when I am done replacing the pump

A: The water pump requires the replacement of ...

The water pump requires the replacement of the timing belt at the same time as the water pump is replaced due to coolant leaking onto the timing belt may cause damage to the belt and cause premature belt failure if it is reused. It is not recommended for this repair done by a novice and should be done by a mechanic like one from YourMechanic that has the special tools and knowledge to perform the repairs.