Q: can i put a manual transmission from a 1991 chevy 1500 in my truck

I bought a 92 chevy 2500 4x4 with automatic transmission. Can i swape it out with a manual transmission from a 91 Chevy 1500

If the existing automatic transmission is not working well and needs to be rebuilt you will be vastly better off rebuilding it and keeping the configuration the same. The first headache in changing to a manual will be that the engines that are mated to manual transmissions typically requires a dashpot type device to maintain engine speed during shifts, otherwise speed falls off too quickly as you shift. That will be one issue and will require a lot of research to find and implement a workaround. The other issue is the bell housing from the 1991 has to be compatible with the block. However, if the 1991 also used the 5.7L, based on my quick look the block castings appear to be identical in the two years so the transmission would bolt up. As noted at the outset, generally it is much easier to repair what you have if that is the issue, than try to reconfigure the vehicle different than when it left the factory. If you are interested in a transmission replacement (OEM to OEM), YourMechanic professionals in certain locales can assist with that. Please simply inquire based on your locale. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.

3. can i put a manual transmission from a 1991 chevy 1500 in my truck