Q: Can I disable the backup beeping on my Prius?

I know the Prius is quiet, but I really don't need or like the blaring backup beeping when I put the car in reverse. And it's annoying when I'm on speakerphone. Can I disable it? If so, how? Thanks!

The backup beeping is a safety feature built in by the manufacturer. The noise is loud because the Prius is so quiet in electric mode that without the backup noise the car may go unnoticed. Contact your local Toyota Dealership -- they will be able to give you further guidance with the backup beeping and answer any questions you may have.

3. Can I disable the backup beeping on my Prius?