Q: Can anyone tell me if the half moon metal part inside of the distributor, that the cam sensor reads off of, is supposed to have an

Have been dealing with a misfire issue. Vehicle misfired at idle, gets worse under load, shakes and bucks. Seems like we are having a timing or fueling issue. Have done complete tune up, replaced fuel pump and filter, replaced injectors, cleaned fuel rail, and maf.

A: Hello. Although you have done considerable ...

Hello. Although you have done considerable work on the fuel system, it may be a good idea to check the fuel pressure coming from the fuel rail. This will determine if the fuel pressure regulator is working efficiently, which may be the source of your problem. Other issues that may be contributing to your misfiring issue may include failing spark plugs or coils. I would recommend having your misfiring engine inspected to confirm there is a problem, get an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.