Q: Buying new car advice

I am in the market for buying a new car. I am getting mixed information regarding cars in general. Example: I was told to look at 3.0+ engines, but my budget isn't that high. I was looking into a Chevy Cruze just because they're a bit cheap. My budget is 14-15k and I have a family to fit.

Hi there, thanks for writing in. I’d be happy to provide my insight.

With the advances in today’s technology, there are many car options out there with engines smaller than 3.0 that provide plenty of power and room for a family. The Chevy Cruze is a great vehicle that is very economical to operate as well as maintain. $14-15k should easily get you into a nice comfy and roomy smaller SUV or family sedan. When you have narrowed your search, I would recommend having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your location and perform a pre-purchase inspection on the vehicle. Hope this helps and best of luck.