Q: Buying NEW 2016 F250 6.7l diesel, but on lot for 300+ days... potential issues?

I'm considering buying a NEW 2016 Ford F250 Platinum 6.7l diesel with approximately 100 miles, but the truck has been on the lot for 300+ days. I would get about a $750 discount, but is it worth potential problems it could have from it sitting for so long vs buying a "newer" one... and what problems could I encounter? Thank you! -JH

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. There is ...

Hi there, thanks for writing in.

There is nothing specifically wrong with buying a new car that has sat that long, but if I was buying a $65,000+ truck that sat for over 300 days, I would try to get a better discount, at least $2000-$3000. After 300 days they must be eager to move that thing, and offering 750 off is about a 1% discount. There is more wiggle room than that on a fully loaded truck like that. If they won't budge, then I would spend the extra 750 and get one that hasn't been sitting that long.