Q: Bright lights come on when I use right blinker. Do I need Turn Signal Hazard Switch or the Turn Signal Lever?

My bright lights come on when I use my right blinker. Is the Turn Signal Hazard Switch the part need or should I be looking for the Turn Signal Lever instead? 2004 Chevy Trailblazer. Thanks

Hi Redcgarland. Thanks for contacting us tonight. It really depends on what is actually causing this symptom to occur. While it’s possible that the turn signal lever is damaged, it’s more likely that you have an electrical short within the steering column as opposed to a damaged switch. In most cases, the root issue is that a ground wire comes loose inside the turn signal lever, which would require replacement. It might be better to have this issue correctly diagnosed before attempting repairs, but if you’re going to try to repair this, the best odds would be to replace the entire turn signal lever.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr