Q: Q: Brakes making noise

My brakes just started making a noise. I am not sure 100 percent if it is coming from the front or the rear, though I am guessing the front.

Brakes typically wear faster in the front than they do in the rear. Most drivers will go through 2 sets of front brakes before replacing the rear. Brake noise come from a wear indicator on the brake pad. The indicator is a thin piece of soft metal that makes contact with the rotor when the pads are down to about 20%. A mechanic can perform a brake inspection and determine which pads need replacement and if any other components need to be replaced as part of the repair.

3. Q: Brakes making noise