Q: brakes?

Just had premium ceramic pad R&R rotors, replaced grease seals and clean/repack wheel bearings where applicable and/or needed five days ago. Yesterday while driving I heard a sort of "woop, woop" sound. The tires are two years old. The mechanic said everything looked really good for my inspection in September. What could be the problem. Thank you.

Hello there, thanks for writing in about your 2010 Chevrolet Impala.

Without actually hearing the noise, it is very difficult to pinpoint the cause. My suggestion is to drive the vehicle and take note of exactly what conditions you hear the noise. For example, it would be important to know the following: is the sound constant? only over bumps? at a certain speed? does it get worse during turn? etc. The more detailed you are, the easier it will be for a professional to duplicate and determine the cause. I recommend having a local expert inspect the sound in person in order to diagnose the cause of the noise.