Q: Brakes

Hey quick question 3 weeks ago i was losing brake fluid and 2 weeks ago i maxed out my master cylinder and that was the last time i filled up.the master cyilnder and i just checked it did not move a bit should i have to do brake line ? I dont see nothing leaking from under the car

In normal operation, brake fluid will be drawn down in the master cylinder, over time, as the brake pads wear. As the pads wear, the caliper piston has to move further out in its cylinder and the resulting void fills with brake fluid that comes from the master cylinder reservoir. This slow draw down happens over many months of course and so if you just checked the level after, say, a six month hiatus the level might appear lower and you might think there’s a leak but there really isn’t. If you do have a leak, brake fluid leaks come in all shapes and sizes. They could be really obvious, like if a corroded steel line blows out, or you could leak a drop occasionally at a line fitting whenever line pressures get high. It sounds like you don’t have a big leak, if you have one at all, but the only way to tell if you have a small leak is to go over every inch of the tubing and fittings looking for evidence if a leak. If the level in the master cylinder reservoir is stable over the period of a month or two, you do not have a leak. Finally, you should have the brake lines inspected for corrosion. That would be a common problem on a 16 year old vehicle and potentially dangerous if the operator (like a young person) does not understand the required response should a steel brake tube blow out due to corrosion. If you like, a specialist from YourMechanic can perform a safety and mechanical condition inspection of your vehicle’s braking system.