Both Of My Car Fans Keeps Running While My Car Is Off mal...

Q: Both Of My Car Fans Keeps Running While My Car Is Off

asked by on February 11, 2018

Both of my car fans stay running after my car is off, so I have to disconnect the battery.Then after I took it some mechanic who did something where I can drive my car without overheating as long as I keep my a/c on which I am burning alot of gas.

If the fix consisted of disabling the automatic control of the cooling fans, it will actually be easier to just fix the original problem and restore the car to normal (intended) operation so that you don’t have to use the A/C to get radiator fan operation. Basically, the original problem is likely due to a stuck on relay or a component in the fan circuit that is itself faulty and commands the relay on even when it is supposed to be off. The fan circuit is documented in the vehicle wiring diagram, which the mechanic of course will have, and resolving this is just a matter of tracing the fan circuit to find the point at which the circuit is being mistakenly powered even as it is commanded off or is supposed to be commanded off based on the sensor inputs controls (e.g., the coolant temperature sensor) that apply to the circuit. If you want this resolved, please request an electrical problems diagnostic. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this diagnosed and resolved, right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.