Q: bonnet lock won't open

The bonnet lock will not open, when I took off the plastic front under the front bumber and looked up at the lock there was a rod with 2 clips on either end , one was still connected the bonnet lock but I can't connect the other end any suggestions as the bonnet will not open at all

Hi there:

Overtime, the hood (or bonnet) springs will loose the ability to force the hood up when the hood latch is pulled. It’s best to have an extra set of hands when trying to get it open so one may pull the hood latch while the other pries up slightly on the hood. The hood springs can be replaced with new ones so the hood on your Ford Focus will work as it should.

3. bonnet lock won't open