Q: Blowing cold air, overheating. Thermostat is new.

While driving, the heater began blowing out ice cold air and began to overheat . We instantly thought a thermostat, so we changed it. It continued to happen. Somebody is telling hubby it has to be the water pump. Instantly that sounded wrong. So I just googled the symptoms of a faulty one. The only thing in common is the overheating . But there are no noises or draining of fluids . What else could it possibly be?.. also, antifreeze is constantly topped up. The coolest has been bled, a lot.

You either have a bad water pump impeller is worn down and not pumping fluid or the radiator is clogged. I would recommend having the engine checked for a blown head gasket checking to see of combustion gas is getting into cooling system using a tester for this purpose. If no combustion gases getting into the engine cooling system then you should have the water pump replaced and radiator flushed.

3. Blowing cold air, overheating. Thermostat is new.