Q: Blower motor issue

Okay So on my impala. The blower wont shut off. Even when i kill the car with the switch. The blower fan still runs and blows air. I replaced the climate control cluster, that didnt fix the issue. I replaced the blower motor control resistor and that didnt work. The only way i know how to kill the fan is unplugging the restistor or pulling the 30a fuse from under the hood. But i want to know how to fix this issue. I took a gaget and hook it to the plugs and turn the fan blower on thats on the cluster and it got a signal. i turned it up higher and the gajet read it. then i turned it off and i got no reading. So i know the climate control cluster is doing its job. But Now.....WHAT DO I DO? before i blow my wallet at a shop?

A: Hey there, thanks for writing in. The blowe...

Hey there, thanks for writing in. The blower is controlled by the blower resistor/controller and the controller is controlled by the climate controller. You replaced both of these but one of the two is shorted causing the blower to be grounded all the time. You need to isolate the two components to see which one is defective in order to diagnose the issue. From there, you can have the part repaired or replaced accordingly.