Q: Belt keeps on sliding off and breaking the belt.

I was driving on steering wheel got hard and could not turn any way. It had a belt broken in to slices. We replaced the belt 2 times and within 10 minutes it keeps on slidding the belt onto the side, sliding it off and will break them again. I change the serpentine belt tensor and it still keeps on breaking belts and sliding them off.

Hello. Dodge unfortunately had a strange history with this issue in one way or another. The type and quality of belts you are installing may be playing a factor, and you may want to upgrade to a better belt. The type and quality of belt tensioner you installed could also be playing a factor. A smooth belt tensioner surface is subject to the belts sliding off, especially if there is any liquid in the area. If the water pump, oil, or power steering pump are leaking fluid, then the belts are more prone to slipping off and becoming damaged. If you need to have this scoped out, have a local expert, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the belts and make proper adjustments or repairs as necessary.

3. Belt keeps on sliding off and breaking the belt.