Q: Car got over heated and won't start

I drove my car to Rue 21 and turned it off. When I came back out to start my car it hesitated like it didn't want to start. I thought my battery was trying to go dead or the starter was going out, because it made a clinking nose. After it crunk I stopped at one last store. But before I turned off car my meter was going up saying the car was about to run hot. So I hurried and turned the car off. Once I left out store and got back in the car and tried to crank it up, it didn't start and the signal popped up saying the car was over heated. I have no clue what to do.

Hi there:

Overheating issues can seriously damage the internal combustion engine but also the ancillary electrical parts such as ignition system and starters that help a vehicle start. The only way to pinpoint the exact reason why the engine on your 2006 Chrysler 300 is overheating and won’t start is to have a professional mechanic complete an engine is hard to start inspection. Once they examine the car onsite, they’ll be able to recommend the right repairs to ensure your overheating problem goes away and the car can be started again.