Q: Battery and alternator are good, yet there is a slow crank when trying to start the car. Battery saver mode is on.

After I clear the battery saver mode the car starts find. Flashing the high beams I get no dim.

Hello. Battery saver mode comes into play when the electrical system voltage is too low. This mode shuts off "non-essential" components like the AC compressor in order to "get you to a safe place" before the battery is dead. There is likely something wrong with your charging system. Check the system voltage while the vehicle is running; it should be over 13 volts with a charging alternator and good voltage regulator.

I would recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to complete an inspection to determine why the battery is acting unusually.

3. Battery and alternator are good, yet there is a slow crank when trying to start the car. Battery saver mode is on.