Q: Battery and alternator are good, yet there is a slow crank when trying to start the car. Battery saver mode is on.

After I clear the battery saver mode the car starts find. Flashing the high beams I get no dim.

Hello. Battery saver mode comes into play when the electrical system voltage is too low. This mode shuts off "non-essential" components like the AC compressor in order to "get you to a safe place" before the battery is dead. There is likely something wrong with your charging system. Check the system voltage while the vehicle is running; it should be over 13 volts with a charging alternator and good voltage regulator.

I would recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to complete an inspection to determine why the battery is acting unusually.

• Battery and alternator are good, yet there is a slow crank when trying to start the car. Battery saver mode is on.