Q: Bad squealing noise 2001 Jeep Cherokee

I picked up my car from being fixed for an inspection and after driving 300 km I have a bad squeel only when driving below 50 km hr they replaced a belt when it was fixed.

Hello - there are several possible sources for the squealing noise you are experiencing. These include the serpentine belt tensioner (may not be keeping the belt tight), or a failing alternator, water pump, or power steering pump (putting excess drag on the belt). A failing idler pulley bearing can also squeal, but usually fails rather quickly after it starts squealing. I recommend a noise inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Bad squealing noise 2001 Jeep Cherokee