Q: Bad squealing noise 2001 Jeep Cherokee

I picked up my car from being fixed for an inspection and after driving 300 km I have a bad squeel only when driving below 50 km hr they replaced a belt when it was fixed.

Hello - there are several possible sources for the squealing noise you are experiencing. These include the serpentine belt tensioner (may not be keeping the belt tight), or a failing alternator, water pump, or power steering pump (putting excess drag on the belt). A failing idler pulley bearing can also squeal, but usually fails rather quickly after it starts squealing. I recommend a noise inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.