Q: I recently purchased a 2005 Honda Civic and do not know the history of the vehicle.

I just recently bought a used 2005 Honda civic 4 door sedan I don't know any of the carfax of you will. or maintenance history on the car so I've done pretty much everything I can think of to it. Tune up , a transmission flush , oil change the basics and wouldn't like to know if I should go ahead and change the timing belt and water pump and if so how much would it be?

Hello. When you do not know the history of the maintenance of the vehicle it is important to have it fully checked out. Though many of the parts can be inspected to see if they need to be done, some of the parts and fluids do not show signs of age. I would typically recommend changing all of the fluids so that you have a starting point for record keeping and then I would change the timing belt and water pump along with the related components. These are parts that you definitely do not want to fail. If you want to have it inspected, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [inspect the vehicle and let you know what it may need] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/75-point-safety-inspection

• I recently purchased a 2005 Honda Civic and do not know the history of the vehicle.