Q: Automatic side window not working

I can't roll up the passenger window. The motor sounds like it's not working.

If you can’t hear a sound from the motor, there could be several things wrong. The window switch is what send power to the window lift motor, if the switch is bad the motor will not work. There is a chance the motor itself can go bad, this does happen. Lastly, you can have a broken regulator. That is the actual mechanism that moves your window up and down the track. The motor is mounted directly on the regulator. Unfortunately all three of these are high failure items. Seeking the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, will help you properly diagnose your window issue and avoid replacing parts that are still working good.