Q: Antifreeze reservoir overflowing

We had the car at the mechanic today and he said our head gasket isn’t on the way out. He topped off the antifreeze and when we bought it home it over heated and started smoking, we let it sit and saw the cap flew open and the reservoir was over full. Should we remove some antifreeze or replace the cap it’s nit the radiator cap it’s antifr reservoir cap

You can remove some of the excess coolant from the reservoir, however, if the vehicle is overheating and you continue to drive it that will cause engine damage. If a leaking head gasket is allowing exhaust to be blown into the coolant, and that is the cause of the overheating, the gasket(s) should be replaced. If you want the cause of the overheating confirmed and an estimate of the repair cost, please request an engine overheating diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Antifreeze reservoir overflowing