Q: alternator wires

I just put a brand new alternator on my truck like a month ago...brand new from car quest. My alternator wires are not connecting right...its not the wire with the plug, its the one with the nut. Im just curious on how much this would cost and if there are any other problems with it

If your vehicle’s wiring harness does not exactly match the electrical connections on the Carquest supplied part, that means that Carquest gave you the wrong part. There are no modifications required to install a new alternator and everything should line up exactly. If you desire that this connection issue be evaluated and resolved by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an alternator inspection/diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.