Q: Alarm goes off suddenly

My car has a factory alarm, which I never had a remote for. I never needed it and I would always manually lock the car. The other day, I locked the car as I usually do and went home, but the alarm went off out of the blue. I tried to unlock and lock the car again but it did the same thing. What should I do? Is there any way I could disable the alarm or any other solution?

Hello. It sounds like your Lexus SC400’s immobilizer in the alarm system is working intermittently and in need of repair. It is possible for you to disable the alarm system, but this is not a simple job and therefore not recommended. Factory alarms are not meant to be bypassed. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, assist you in the repair of your alarm system immobilizer.

Hello. It sounds like the immobilizer in the alarm system is working intermittently and in need of repair. It is possible for you to disable the alarm system, but this is not a simple job and therefore not recommended. Factory alarms are not meant to be bypassed. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, assist you in the repair of your alarm system immobilizer.

3. Alarm goes off suddenly