Q: Air conditioning malfunction due to coolant leak - 1995 Chevrolet Beretta

I had a friend take a look at my car and it was leaking coolant through the air conditioning, due to the firewall. I was told that might be why my air conditioner is not working and that fixing the firewall would solve the problem. Recently my car started shaking similar to the way an older model truck shakes. The last time I drove it, it overheated very badly and shut off the engine and brakes. There was also a problem with the headlights and I replaced the headlight bulbs and the brights also. However, when turning the switch to turn on the headlights, they do not come on. The road and parking lights do come on. I have checked the fuses and they look fine.

I have tried the following in order to fix my car:

--checked fuses --replaced Bulbs --plugged hole in reservoir --checked hoses (looks to have a leak between a hose and firewall as described earlier) --replaced water pump

Can you help me know what is causing the problems and what next step that I should take?"

3. Air conditioning malfunction due to coolant leak - 1995 Chevrolet Beretta