Q: Air conditioning is noisy and slow to blow cold

The air conditioning is noisy and doesn't blow cold air right away. Then it makes a noise and the cold air kicks in.

From the description provided, there seems to be two different scenarios behind the problems being experienced by your Acura’s air conditioner. Though the information is limited I can try and guide you in the right direction to why that is.

If the abnormal noises you are hearing are coming from inside the dashboard, it is possible your Acura has an issue with either the blend door or the blower motor making noise. The compressor itself could also be the culprit to all the noise as well.

Now for the delay in the cold air, this could be due to the refrigerant in the A/C system being low, causing a delay in the compressor kicking on. In order to tackle this problem appropriately so that your a/c blows cool and quiet again, I would enlist the assistance of a certified mechanic to inspect your AC and make the proper repairs.