Q: Worries about maintaining a german car rather than Japanese

Hi. My family has always bought Japanese cars, because we know they are affordable and very reliable, however recently I have found very good deals on 2011-13 Audi A4's. I know these are very well built cars and are also very reliable, however I am worried about having to take it to a special mechanic and having to pay way more for repairs and maintenance. Are my worries valid? How much more is it usually to maintain a german car rather than a Japanese car (say a mazda 6)? Do the costs outweigh the benefits?

Hello. I would say care cost of a European built vehicle versus an Asian built vehicle is about 20 - 30%. The Asian manufactured parts can be cheaper because they are generally more mass-produced but the European Parts can be more expensive because they tend to be more electronic based. The work that will have to be done by a specialty mechanic will be minimized if you keep pace with your maintenance intervals. All vehicles will last longer and less major repairs will be required if you do well with performing maintenance at the suggested intervals. Also, all of the maintenance needs required by Audi can be performed by https://www.yourmechanic.com I do not believe the costs outweigh the benefits because a European built vehicle such as an Audi or Mercedes generally performs very well and almost swim on the roads instead of driving on them. It definitely seems to make the driving experience more pleasurable.