Q: Air conditioner

Sometimes my air conditioner does not come on at all when I start my car. When it works properly, the air is cold. No matter what buttons are pressed on the air conditioner in the car, nothing happens...no air comes out at all...no noise at all either. When it does not come on, it usually kicks on a few minutes later while driving down the road. Most of the time it works normally. The problem only happens occasionally. What could be wrong?

It sounds like you may have a faulty blower motor or blower motor relay. Occasionally, the blower motor itself will wear out or become faulty working intermittently as the brush contacts inside the motor wear out. The blower motor relay supplies power to this motor when you turn the switch to "on" that can sometimes fail. When this happens, you may notice that you will not feel anything blowing out of the vents at all. This may also cause the blow motor to work intermittently. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your vehicle’s blower motor system.

3. Air conditioner