Q: AFTER STARTING UP AND WARMING I DIRECTLY PUT THE GEAR ON D BUT THE CAR DOES NOT MOVE

HOW CAN YOU HELP ME? I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM EVERY TIME I START THE CAR (BEETLE 2002) AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION BUT WHILE DRIVING IT IS NORMAL WHEN I STOP AND START IT AGAIN IT MAKES THE SAME PROBLEM WHICH IS : AFTER STARTING UP AND WARMING I DIRECTLY PUT THE GEAR ON D BUT THE CAR DOES NOT MOVE IF I PRESS THE FUEL PEDAL THE CAR WILL MOVE WITH HIGH SPEED SO I STOPPED PRESSING THE FUEL PEDAL & I USED TO MOVE THE GEAR FROM D TO N AND THEN TO D AFTER A STARTUP AND WARM UP THEN THE CAR WILL MOVE IN A SMOOTH WAY

AND AFTER AT RARE TIME THE TRANSMISSIONSTARTS AT GEAR 3 INSTEAD 1 THEN AFTER REMOVING THE ERROR CODES BY THE SCANNER IT WILL DRIVE NORMALLY AND THE GEAR WILL MOVE SMOOTHLY FROM 1 - 2 -3 BUT WITH THE SAME PROBLEM OF THE START UP D

HINT: ONE DAY WHEN I WAS DRIVING THE CAR DIED OFF BUT STILL DRIVING WITH 0 SPEED I THEN USED TO MOVE THE GEAR TO 1 2 3 WITH NO CHANGE BUT WHEN I PUT IT ON R IT DRIVES NORMALLY THEN I TURNED OFF THE CAR AND START IT AGAIN AND EVERYTHING WENT NORMAL

Hi there:

Sometimes this issue is caused by damaged transmission shifting linkage or an electrical sensor that helps monitor the the operation of the transmission. Without being there to complete a diagnostic scan or physical inspection; it’s very hard to tell you for certain what’s causing this problem. The best advice we can offer is for you to contact a local mobile mechanic to complete a car is hard to shift inspection; so they can inspect your VW at your home and determine what needs to be repaired.

• AFTER STARTING UP AND WARMING I DIRECTLY PUT THE GEAR ON D BUT THE CAR DOES NOT MOVE