Q: After driving I can smell hot wires, no dash lights on, but I am concerned that wires are touching something hot or shorting.

After driving I can smell hot wires, no dash lights on, but I am concerned that wires are touching something hot or shorting.

A: If you feel that you're smelling burnin...

If you feel that you're smelling burning wires, I highly recommend getting your vehicle's electrical system inspected by a qualified professional using multimeters and diagrams. They would measure things such as voltage, resistance, current and other necessary factors needed in finding faulty wiring. I would also recommend having your fuses checked to determine if any fuses have a fuse with a higher amperage than specified.