Q: After adding oil, (it burns some), the car lost power and produced EXCESSIVE blue smoke, and only under moderate load.

I have the head pulled off, and the exhaust valves don't seat properly. The exhaust manifold is coated in burnt oil. Is there any chance I could get away with not replacing my piston rings?

There is no way for me to know if you have bad piston rings based on your statement. I would recommend that if you already have the head off for repair to the valves then it is now the best time to take off oil pan and pull each piston and replace the rings and rod bearings.