Q: Advice on which fuel to use

I was wondering if it would be fine to use regular 89 octane fuel for this model? I know that premium is recommended, but in an effort to save money, I was thinking of filling it with regular. Would regular fuel damage it in any way? Please give me some advice. Thanks.

Newer cars are usually able to adapt to a lower grade of fuel. The problem is that the car’s computer will reduce the engine timing. What this effectively does is reduce the engine efficiency and power output. When this occurs, the gas mileage may actually go down. Though it seems tempting to try to save money this way, it is always better to go by the manufacturers recommended rating for fuel. Other gas saving techniques such as proper tire inflation, coasting, using cruise control, and keeping the vehicle maintained are much better alternatives.