Q: Advice on using Walmart SP3 oil for transmission oil change on a 2005 Hyundai Sonata

asked by on May 04, 2016

Can I use Walmart SP3 for transmission oil changes on a 2005 Hyundai Sonata or do I need dealer oil?

Transmission Fluid Service $125.08 - $440.73 Get a Quote

You’d want to find out what the Walmart transmission oil specifications are. Somewhere they have to have that because it’s the federal law. If it has the same specs as the Hyundai transmission fluid, then go ahead and use it. But you’re going to have to double check and see. Hyundais have many problems to begin with. I stick to the factory fluid whenever I work on them because I don’t want to chance it. They are bad enough the way they were designed and I don’t want to take any chances. If you need help changing your transmission fluid, YourMechanic can perform a transmission fluid service for you using fluid with the correct specifications.