Q: added too much trans fluid now it won't shift out of 1st gear

Trans fluid read empty on dipstick asked how much fluid to added guy told me way to much now trans won't shift out of first am I just screwed or could there be a simple fix to this

Overfilling the transmission was not the cause of the transmission problem but the leaking fluid. Running the transmission low caused the transmission to be damaged internally. You may need to have the transmission leak identified first and then it would then need to be overhauled or replaced unfortunately.

3. added too much trans fluid now it won't shift out of 1st gear