Q: Acting like no fuel but full ?

My car has fuel in the tank, when ever it hits the reserve tank at some point the car will start to decline in speed then the engine will switch off even when driving at high speeds . Upon restart of the car it acts like there is no fuel in the tank, have replaced fuel filter recently but am unsure on where to start from there. No one has given me any advice or help on the situation.

Hello, It sounds like you may have a bad pickup valve inside the fuel tank that may not be working properly once the fuel level reaches the reserve level. Generally, the low fuel light will come on when there is about 2 gallons of fuel left in the tank. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to drop the fuel tank and inspect the pickup unit.

3. Acting like no fuel but full ?