Q: AC turned off due too high temp level

I was driving from work and had my heat on and suddely the message AC off due to engine high temp. What could be the problem?

Running hot can be caused by a number of cooling system issues. If the thermostat is not opening properly, the coolant will not circulate through the engine to the radiator to be cooled. Also, in rare instances, the water pump impeller can break off the pulley internally. The water pump will appear to be spinning externally, but with the impeller broken off internally, it will not circulate the coolant. mechanical issues such as a cracked head gasket can also be the cause. Have a certified technician look into the overheating as soon as possible to locate the exact cause. Continued driving with the engine overheating can result in serious damage to the engine.