Q: AC not blowing cold

I live in Louisiana. It is 80 degrees at 5:00am. left for work at 5am and the ac was blowing cold and was working and blowing fine the whole way, about a 30 min. drive. Left work at 2:30 that afternoon and the AC was blowing strong but, not cool. Hot even. The compressor sounds like it is coming on so I bought and tried using the canned 134A. No change. Any ideas?

A: After adding refrigerant to the system, you...

After adding refrigerant to the system, you may have overfilled it, which will definitely cause the air conditioning system to malfunction on your Mazda 6. I see that you mentioned that the air conditioning didn’t seem to operate properly before, but at this point, my best recommendation would be to have the operating pressures checked by a professional to diagnose your AC system and make sure it is working properly. They will be able to correctly charge the system and make the necessary adjustments.

Recommended services
Get a Quote