Q: abs light is staying on his week. s

so this week my explorer has been making a loud grinding noise drivers side wheel area and my abs light has been on while i m driving which i know this is an issue

Hi there:

Thanks for writing in about your 1995 Ford Explorer. The most common symptom of worn out brake pads are the loud grinding sound you’re describing. If your Explorer is making this sound as you press on the brakes, it’s time to have the brake pads and brake rotors replaced. If this sound however is going on as you’re driving, it could be a problem with your wheel bearing on the driver front wheel. However, wheel bearings should be replaced in pairs (at least on the same axle at the same time).

To be safe, you might want to contact one of our local ASE certified mechanics who can road test your Ford Explorer and diagnose your ABS light correctly the first time.