Q: ABS light

Hi there, my abs light always turns on when the engine is warm. We took it to acura dealership and the codes 1-8 showed up. Also code 2 but i doubt that affects the light. They said everything is OK at this time as there are no leaks or anything. could this be a sensor near the engine? thank you for you time.

A: You could have a bad leaking ABS accumulato...

You could have a bad leaking ABS accumulator or modulator if the accumulator does not fix the code coming on for code 1-8. The second code, code 2, that you mention is not a complete code and could be 1-2 or 2-1 and mean two different things. The 1-2 is for ABS pump motor and 2-1 is for the parking brake.

I would need the complete code to diagnose the "2" code you got. As for the code 1-8, you should have the code diagnosed by using the pinpoint test for the ABS Light, which will call for some tests to be done. If the code keeps returning, then replace the ABS accumulator first and then retest the system. If the code returns again after that, you will need to replace the modulator assembly.